In a large enterprise environment there might be a need to install and configure remotely PrivateWave for numerous not trained end-users. Automatic Service Activation will allow the IT personnel of the company to install and configure PrivateWave remotely with minimal end-user interaction.
Automatic Service Activation is a feature that facilitates installing and configuring PrivateWave on a large number of devices within a service provider user base. The goal is to render the installation and the configuration provisioning as simple as possible for the end-user as well as for the Customer Service Responsible (CSR) who is coordinating the process.
The related use cases are all started by the CSR on the PrivateServer side. After entering user data, PrivateServer creates the user account on server side. After this, the CSR can send a message containing a secure link to the end-user. The link opens a web page containing two secure links:
- an Installation link to PrivateWave client installation package
- an Activation link to the prepared provisioning file.
If PrivateWave is not installed yet on the device, the end-user can install it by clicking on the installation link. Once PrivateWave is installed, the end-user can click on the activation link: PrivateWave client is automatically launched, it fetches its configuration (including username and password) and it is ready to start secure dialing, without user interaction.
Activation link has a special MIME type that will be recognized by the device OS and will trigger the launch of PrivateWave client.
3. Pre-requirements and configuration
Automatic activation has some pre-requirements to be used:
- Provisioning profile: at least one provisioning profile must be configured and assigned to groups and/or VoIP accounts
- Message Gateways:
supports installation and activation Messages sent either via SMS or e-mail:
- SMS: You need an account with one of the supported services: Aspsms.com, Orange, Clickatell, Nexmo
- Email: you need GMail account or an unauthenticated SMTP server (no TLS/SSL channel)
- Application Download URL: configure URLs for clients download, depending on platform and/or security model implemented
- Hostname configuration, under "applications" sections