On this page
I need to install a custom Certificate Authority on a Blackberry mobile phone.
First you need both your mobile device and a laptop/desktop computer. On the latter please be sure that BlackBerry Desktop Software is installed on your pc
- Ask for CA certificate in DER format (binary, generally file has extension .CER), or convert from PEM format (see 2)
- Copy the certificate to the phone SD using the USB cable
- Open "Files" application, under "Applications" folder
- Find the certificate file under "My files" → "Media Card"
- Select the certificate file and select "Import Certificate" under Blackberry Menu
- Insert the keystore password (if any, otherwise insert a new password) and import the certificate
- [OS 5] Be sure that the new imported certificate is listed under "Option" → "Security Options" → "Advanced Security Options" → "Certificates"
- [OS 7] Be sure that the new imported certificate is listed under "Option" → "Security" → "Advanced Security Settings" → "Certificates"
- OpenSSL application: OpenSSL: OpenSSL Binary Distributions
- Certificate formats conversion: https://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-converter.html